Senior tax accountant international
Come join us in downtown Edmonds! TranerSmith is a professional services provider to the greater northwest and Canada. Our people have a passion for providing exceptional client service to a diverse client base. Our diverse client base includes closely-held businesses, middle-market business, high net worth individuals and international tax issues for individuals and business entities. TranerSmith is looking for the right candidate to complement its growing public accounting firm. This long-term career opportunity is ideal for someone looking to progressively advance their skill set in multiple disciplines of accounting. We are relationship driven so, communication and interpersonal communication skills are crucial for this position. Our clients look to us to provide value added services in the areas of tax, compilation & review services, as well as to assist with other general business planning.
The right candidate for our team will:
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate in a straightforward manner over the phone, in person, and through email
- Desire to foster relationships with our clients
- Be analytical and be good at problem solving
- Ability to independently conduct research
- Proficient with technology and adaptive to new tools and skills
- Be self-motivated and possess the ability to work both independently and collaborate in a team environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- 3+ years of progressive tax experience
- International taxation experience in the following areas preferred:
- US Citizens Living Abroad
- Foreign Tax Credit & Foreign Earned Income Exclusion
- Foreign Bank Account & Specified Foreign Assets Reporting
- Foreign Citizens and Entities doing business in the USA
- Foreign Trusts (for reporting Canadian RESP's and TFSA's)
- Form's 5471 & 5472 Informational Returns
- Licensed CPA is preferred
- Experience with the ProSystem CCH Axcess Software Suite & QuickBooks is preferred
- Experience with all types of filers including state returns, consolidated returns and multi-state operations.
- Ability to work additional hours as needed
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Salary is DOQ
- 5 weeks paid-time off
- Medical insurance
- No non-compete agreement is required for employment
- Flexible work arrangements negotiable
Only qualified applicants should apply by uploading a cover letter and detailed resume or mail to “201 Fifth Avenue S. Suite 202, Edmonds, WA 98020”. Only qualified candidates will receive a reply.
TranerSmith is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.